Hon.EkeBy Our Reporter
A journalist, Hon. Philip Jeremiah Eke has indicated his interest to contest for the constituency 11 primary election of Kolokuma/Opokuma Local Government Area of Bayelsa state for qualitative representation.
Hon. Eke who is a former counselor in a press statement in Yenagoa, said that he’s qualified to represent his constituents much more than other contestants because he has the pedigree to be there come 2019.
According to him, he has several legislative motions, bills drafted by him and presented to honorable members of the state House of Assembly and have received attention and approvals.
1. Presented, Bayelsa state Illegal Collection of Dues in public place (Prohibition Bill, 2015). Sponsor: Hon Iniyobio Obiene, member Bayelsa State House of Assembly representing Nembe constituency.
2. Presented Bayelsa State Witness Protection Billl, 2016. Presented to Hon Mitema Obordor member Bayelsa State House of Assembly representative Ogbia constituency.
3. Presented Bayelsa State Environment Protection Billl, 2015. Sponsor: Hon Iniyobio Biene, member representing Nembe Constituency:
4. Presentation of Bayelsa State Waste Management /Recycling Agency Billl, 2017. Sponsor: Hon Dr Peretubo Peter Akpe Majority Leader Bayelsa State House of Assembly, representing Sagbama Constituency Two. Date 15/12/2016.
5. Presented Bayelsa state Waste Management/Recyling Agency Draft Billl, 2017 to the Executive Governor of Baylsa State as an Executive Billl for consideration. Date 03/02/2017.
6. Initiate, Drafted a Petition on the completion of ultra modern Okaka Neighborhood Car Park. Sponsor: Hon (Dr) Peretubo Peter Akpe majority leader Bayelsa State House of Assembly, representing Sagbama constituency two.
7. Initiated / Draft a Motion on Streets Naming/ House Numbering in Yenagoa Local Government Legislaive Assembly. Sponsor: Hon Wilson
8. Presented Bayelsa State Hotel Licensing Management Billl, 2016. Sponsor Hon Salo Adikumo member Bayelsa State House of Assembly representing Sagbama Constituency two.
9. Initiate, Drafted and Recommended to the Executive Governor/Traditional Rulers Council on the Recognition of autonomous communities and clans in Bayelsa State.
10. Presented a motion on the creation of additional Local Government Councils in Bayelsa State. Sponsor: Senator Foster Ogola, Senator representing Sagbama, Ekeremor Federal Constituency Abuja. Date: 30th June, 2016.
11. Presented a motion for the adoption of the creation of additional Local Government Areas in Bayelsa state. Sponsor: Hon (Mrs) Festus Omoni member of House of Representative Representing Ogbia.
12. Motion on mitigating the menance of frequent erosion and flooding in Bayelsa State, especially in Yenagoa Metropolis. Sponsor: Hon. Daniel Baraladei Igali, Member Bayelsa State House Of Assembly representing Southern Ijaw Constituency 111.
13. Motion on Sand Dredging Licensing in Bayelsa state. Sponsor: Hon. Gabriel Michael Ogbara, member representing Ogbia constituency three.
14. Bayelsa State Information Communication Technology Development Agency Billl, Sponsor: Hon (Pastor) Agatha Goma member Bayelsa State House of Assembly representing Ekeremor contituency
15. Presentation of Bayelsa State Signage and Advertisment Agensy Bill, 2017. Sponsor: Hon Tonye Emmanuel Isenah, Chief whip, reperesenting KOLGA constituency one. Date 12/02/2017.
16. Presented the Draft Billl as an Executive Bill to the Executive Governor of Bayelsa State for consideration.
17. Bayelsa state Primary Health Care Development Agency Bill. Sponsor Hon Salo Adikumo. Date: 19th August, 2015.
18. Bayelsa state community vigilantee Billl, 2016. Hon. Inobioyo Obiene member Bayelsa State House Of Assembly representing Nembe constituency
19. Initiated, Drafted and presented a petition on Non-completion of Polaku/Sabagreia – Opokuma link bridge project presented to Hon. (Mrs) Ebiuwou Koku Obiyai. Date 15/07/2015.
20. Bayelsa state Illegal Motor Parks Prohibition Daft Bill 2015, presented to Rt Hon Konbowei Benson. Date 7thAugust, 2015.
21. Bayelsa State Rent Control Tribunal Billl, 2015 presented to Rt. Hon Konbowei Benson, Speaker Bayelsa State House of Assembly.
22. Drafted a motion on workshops for public Primary / Secondary schools teachers in Baylsa state presented to Hon Ebiye Tarabina, member Bayelsa State House of Assembly representing Kolokuma/Opokuma constituency two.
23. Presented a motion on private mortuary Licensing /Administration in Bayelsa state. Sponsor: Hon (Dr) Pererubo Peter Akpe, majority leader Bayelsa State House of Assembly representing Sagbama constituency one. Date: 1st March, 2017.
24. Motion on harnessing the Tourism protentials for revenue generation in Bayelsa State. Sponsor: Hon. Watson Alfred Belemote, member Bayelsa State House of Assembly representing Brass constituency two. Date 14/06/2016.
25. Motion on the construction of Road, Bridges across the Epie creek and the construction of internal road networks in Yenagoa metropolis. Sponsor: Hon. Michael Gabriel Ogbara, member Bayelsa State House of Assembly representing Ogbia constituency three. Date. 15/11/2016.
26. Motion on the need for the installation of fire Extinguishers in private homes, business premises and public buildings in Bayelsa State especially in Yenagoa Metropolis. Sponsor: Hon. Salo Adikumo, member Bayelsa state House of Assembly representing Sagbama constituency two.
27. Presented Bayelsa State Street Trading and Illegal Markets Prohibition Billl, 2015. Presented to Rt. Hon Konbowei Benson, Speaker Bayelsa State House of Assembly represening Southern Ijaw constituency.
28. Motion on the declaration of Oloibiri Oil and Gas well day, a festival public Holiday in Bayelsa State. Sponsor: Hon. Gabriel Ogbara
29. A petition on non completion of breach of seamanship training contract in Norway for students in Bayelsa State. Sponsor: Late Hon. Delight Igali.
Besides these, Hon. Eke promised some strategic core values programs for his people if elected. This include:
a. Special welfare packages for the elderly ones in the constituency who have attained a particular age bracket, notably monthly cash presentation, free drugs, among others.
b. Capacity building for our teeming youths in the constituency, especially educational empowerment, e.g presentation of scholarships, skill acquisition ecetera.
c. Initiation of operation feed the constituency project, agriculture will be aggressively revived, establishment of farm settlements, fisheries, poultry among others. Youths would be greatly involved in self-reliance programmes.
d. Initiation and presentation of Peoples’ Oriented Bills and motions to better the lives of the electorates which I have been so involved over the years in Bayelsa State House of Assembly, and other state House of Assemblies in Nigeira, House of representatives and the senate speak volume
e. Open door policy and adherence of constructive criticisms, ideas and
other viable programmes.
f. Initiation of constituency Social-cultural Annual Events in promoting love, peace and unity.